BSD Though I have enough reasons not to take time now to write, but the worthiness of being Makir Tovah to HKBH outweighs all my reasons not to. BeChasdei Hashem I made a wedding this week for my youngest daughter. The Simcha is indescribable. But one factor is on my mind specifically. In the past I used to dance the entire wedding both the first dance and the second almost all the time in the center with each of my friends. This time even before my daughter became a Kallah I was worried “How will I be able to dance? I get winded just walking to Shul on Shabbos! I’M so out of shape for lack of exercise that my Doctor wrote me a “prescription” on his pad to walk every day etc. I’m going to disappoint everyone!’ A few days before the Chasunah I “happened” to see a Malbim on the posuk in Shmuel שמואל א פרק יז when Dovid was trying to convince Shoul that he could take on Golyos and vanquish him”שמואל א פרק יז
אֶת הָאֲרִי גַּם הַדּוֹב הִכָּה עַבְדֶּךָ וְהָיָה הַפְּלִשְׁתִּי הֶעָרֵל הַזֶּה כְּאַחַד מֵהֶם כִּי חֵרֵף מַעַרְכֹת אֱלֹהִים חַיִּים:
וַיֹּאמֶר דָּוִד יְקֹוָק אֲשֶׁר הִצִּלַנִי מִיַּד הָאֲרִי וּמִיַּד הַדֹּב הוּא יַצִּילֵנִי מִיַּד הַפְּלִשְׁתִּי הַזֶּה
And I used to think the pshat is that Dovid said that he was quite a mighty warrior and Shoul could entrust him to eliminate Golyos.
But the Malbim writes,
מלבי”ם שמואל א פרק יז
(לז) ויאמר דוד. הוסיף לחזק בטחונו מצד אחר, מצד השגחת ה’ על יראיו, אמר שהגם שיהיה כחי חלוש נגד הארי והדוב ונגד הפלשתי, הנה ה’ אשר הצילני מהארי והדב בהשגחתו, הוא יצילני גם עתה דרך נס. לפ”ז תחלה דבר כפי המנהג הטבעי, ופה דבר כפי ההשגחה והנס. ואל זה הסכים שאול כי יבטח בהשגחת ה’, לכן אמר לך וה’ יהיה עמך:
Meaning That Dovid said “Did I have the power to kill a lion, did I have the power to kill a bear – certainly not!!- so it was certainly HASHEM’S help that enabled me in the past, so too now Hashem will help supernaturally to kill Golyos”
So I said to myself did I have the energy in the past to dance a whole Chasunah CERTAINLY NOT! And by the next one! And the next one! So HASHEM helped me dance so too will he help me now!
PS Oh did I dance! As never before!
Simchos for all of you! And all Klal Yisroel Ksiva veChasimah Tovah
- Thank you Hashem for being our father, we are like your only child, holding our hand and guiding us, even in hard times, a father is always there for his child, no matter what, you love us like a father and a son. After my father a”h passed away, I didn’t understand why Hashem created the emotions of a father and son, I knew everything Hashem does is for a purpose, Hashem had finally opened my eyes – you know why, because that is the connection of Hashem and us, we are his children and Hashem is our father he loves us – Keracham av al banim ken terchem Hashem Alenu – Hashem have mercy on your children just like a father has mercy on his son. Thank you Hashem
- I want Thank Hashem for all our GREAT RABBIS who help guide & give us advice on any topic, especially Rabbi Ozeri. Thanks
- Wow not normal these emails are making Hashem very happy!!! This is what it’s all about being grateful 2 Hashem. What a zechut u have Uncle Raymond!
- Had zechut to pray by Rabbi Bitton in Lakewood this summer and had zechut to witness many Kiddush Hashem’s- Last week Rabbi Bitton was running a 3 day learning program (yarchei kalla) for people from the Persian community (they come to Lakewood and have a program for few days together, very inspiring to see and hope to do one this winter for some Brooklyn guys) After tefilla we got to see the excitement they had for Torah and for the special town of Lakewood, One man came in and told Rabbi Bitton that shadchanim want his daughter to marry a talmid chacham that she is great girl and should marry a talmid chacham, the man did not want to hear of it and said no thanks-a day into the program the man came to Rabbi Bitton and told him after what he is seeing here ,the torah life in action, he is calling the Shadchan to say he ONLY wants a talmid chacham! Rabbi Bitton said it was worth it to do the program just to hear those words. Ps- was also great seeing about 60 men of all ages from Panama this Monday doing the same program-Thank you Hashem for letting me see your children’s love for Torah…
- Thank you Hashem for not sending me to Vegas for the Show- so I can be with my family and my neshama can be clean for Yom Hadin!
- Thank you Hashem for saving one of my best friends from an accident last week- he should have a speedy refuah-AMEN!
- Thank you Hashem putting me on the best block in Brooklyn with the best neighbors possible!
- thank Hashem for fishing line
- Had beautiful baby boy baruch Hashem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Thank you Hashem for my fingers.
- was in my office having conversation with someone about Hashem , they said that they believe in Hashem but do not believe that Hashem is involved with every little minor thing in the world, they said I believe Hashem is involved in wars and big things like that but I do not believe Hashem cares whether or not I can lift my finger like this or not…sorry I just do not buy it, the big stuff fine but if I can lift my fingers is not on Hashem’s list of things to do..fine- not more than 3 hours later this person calls me up all excited-they tell me you are not going to believe this, I cut myself and had to come to the emergency room- I am sitting right now in the cubicle they put me in here at the emergency room, and they come to the guy in next cubicle and ask him what’s the matter? And he says- “I am trying to move my fingers and I can not, they do not move no matter how much I try”…this person saw clearly the greatness of Hashem-wow!
- 2 Las Vegas stories 1- arrived in Las Vegas late Thurs night for a show. Set up Friday morning. After set up 3:00 my friend and I decided to go to super market to get food for Shabbat. Grabbed a cab and asked to take us to closest market and wait. He said he cannot wait since he has to return his cab at 3:30. He gave us a card with a number to call for cab. Pulled into a Vons but we said is there an Albertsons around here( since we are familiar with Albertsons). Pulled out and went another mile to Albertsons. Finished shopping at 4:15. Called number for cab over an hour wait! Shabbat mincha at 7:00. Right behind us 2 guys on our plane? Are you guys going to Venetian can we have a ride? Sure. In car they told us they were going to Target but decided last minute to shop At Albertsons. Didn’t even have to wait a minute for ride back. Hashem is Great. Thank you Hashem. Story 2- saw my cousin at the end of show and she said she had the best show ever!! She told me that her biggest show is in September this year on Rosh Hashanah and she canceled. Now she has goyim that she could send to work it but out right cancelled. She told me that Hashem gave her all that business at this show. Hashem is Great!
- Thank you Hashem for that special Shabbat Spice that is always so perfect
- Thank you Hashem for a healthy body that works perfectly!! When we thank Hashem and show him gratitude from the things we DO have then in the future Hashem will see that we appreciate it and hell continue to give it to us. … Its chas vishalom when we don’t thank Hashem for things he says oh he doesn’t appreciate this ok ill make him appreciate it … So bh well avoid all these tzarot by thanking Hashem now while were bh healthy and everything is going beautifully !!
- Thank you Hashem for the greatest gift shabbat and thank you for letting us spend it with our beautiful family’s!!!