THANK YOU HASHEM FOR THE NEW WEBSITE ADDRESS WWW.THANKYOUHASHEM.COM
- This Hanukah I saw the light, with my 4 year old son lighting the menorah and saying “WOW”
Thank you Hashem for this moment.
- Saw a friend of mine and he told me this story for this email. Me and my wife send out lots of Shabbat food packages to families every week. We get nice amounts of food top to bottom and deliver it to families. Every week we make gefilte fish and send it out with the shabbat food and for some reason this week we didn’t make any gefilte fish. Suddenly Friday afternoon before I was getting ready to deliver the food, one of the families sends a text out of no where asking if he is going to be getting fish today. I answered him of course you are going to be getting fish today. My wife looks at me and says how can you say you are giving him fish today?, we didn’t make any fish. I answered I don’t know it just came out. All of a sudden the person that supplies me with Kugel every week shows up and he gives me a large amount of Gefilte fish with the Kugel. I smile and look at him and I say , you never bring me Gefilte fish what is going on, what is this all about?. He answers , I don’t know, I have no idea for some reason out of no where I made gefilte fish this week I have no idea why. I smile and smirk and look at him and say , I’ll tell you why , look at this, and I show him the text of the gentleman asking for fish. And I say that is why Hashem had you make Gefilte fish this week. Thank you Hashem for your Siyata Dishmaya
- Thank you Hashem for the special holiday of Chanukah , it is such a chizuk and pleasurable uplifting time for me and my family and my students
- My cousins wife went in to give birth and the Doctors were concerned that the baby was upside down. They kept monitoring it and said they can not wait much longer and may have to do a c section if the baby does not turn to the correct position. Someone remembered a segula and ran to their home to see if any sefarim were turned upside down and sure enough there was a sefer upside down, he turned it back to the correct position. The doctors made another check and Baruch Hashem the baby turned back to the right position and was healthily delivered. Thank you Hashem. MABRUK
- I ordered something from Amazon and it did not show up the day it was promised. I called them up and they said it will arrive the next day and they gave me a complete refund on the item and told me to keep it for free. Thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for the special holiday of Chanukah and for the special feeling of lighting the menorah together with my family. Thank you Hashem that I have a family.
- Thank you HASHEM FOR NY YEARLY Chanukah party I make for my children and Grandchildren. I must give a separate thank you Hashem for now having this party expand to also include GREAT GRANDCHILDREN! Thank you Hashem.
- A young man knocks on the door of a great Talmudic scholar.
“Rabbi, I wish to study Talmud.”“Do you know Aramaic?”“No.”“Hebrew?”“No.”“Have you ever studied Torah?”
“No, Rabbi, but I graduated from Harvard summ in philosophy, and received a PhD from Yale. I’d like to round out my education with a bit of Talmud.” “I doubt that you are ready for Talmud. It is the broadest and deepest of books. If you wish, however, I will examine you in logic, and if you pass the test I will teach you Talmud.” “Good. I’m well versed in logic.” “First question. Two burglars come down a chimney. One emerges with a clean face, the other with a dirty face. Which one washes his face?” ”The burglar with the dirty face.”
“Wrong. The one with the clean face. Examine the logic. The burglar with a dirty face looks at the one with a clean face and thinks his face is clean. The one with a clean face looks at the burglar with a dirty face and thinks his face is dirty. So the one with the clean face washes.”“Very clever. Another question please.”“Two burglars come down a chimney. One emerges with a clean face, the other with a dirty face. Which one washes his face?”“We established that. The burglar with the clean face washes.”“Wrong. Both wash. Examine the logic. The one with a dirty face thinks his face is clean. The one with a clean face thinks his face is dirty. So the burglar with a clean face washes. When the one with a dirty face sees him washing, however, he realizes his face must be dirty too. Thus both wash.”“I didn’t think of that. Please ask me another.”“Two burglars come down a chimney. One emerges with a clean face, the other with a dirty face. Which one washes his face?”“Well, we know both wash.”“Wrong. Neither washes. Examine the logic. The one with the dirty face thinks his face is clean. The one with the clean face thinks his face is dirty. But when clean-face sees that dirty-face doesn’t bother to wash, he also doesn’t bother. So neither washes. As you can see, you are not ready for Talmud.”
“Rabbi, please, give me one more test.”
“Two burglars come down a chimney. One emerges with a clean face, the other with a dirty face. Which one washes his face?” “Neither!” “Wrong. And perhaps now you will see why Harvard and Yale cannot prepare you for Talmud. Tell me, how is it possible that two men come down the same chimney, and one emerges with a clean face, while the other has a dirty face?””But you’ve just given me four contradictory answers to the same question! That’s impossible!””No, my son, that’s Talmud.”
- “Thank you Hashem for allowing us to learn your Torah, for giving us such a beautiful Mitzvah!Thank you for giving us our Holy Rabbis that teach us your Torah and how to navigate through these complex Divine words so we know how to live our lives and raise our children in that path.Thank you for giving us the many gifts of understanding your Torah whether we deserve it or not.Without your Siyata Dishmaya we wouldn’t be able to understand a single word of your Torah.Please allow us to continue to grow in your Torah and shower us with your continued gifts of deeper and deeper insights and understanding.