- My friend is here from Israel, he has a great organization that feeds over 2,200 families for the holidays. He is a real baal chesed and does things lishaim shamayim. I was on the phone with him and he tells me how he went to do Bikur Cholim for someone yesterday in a Hospital in New York City. This alone was a big mesirut nefesh as he traveled from Lakewood to Deal to NYC for this. He said the brother of the man he was visiting was very touched by the visit and hands him five hundred dollars. He says what’s this? He says this is for your organization. You did such a great misvah by coming here for bikur Holim I would like to give you a donation. He said he put the money back in the man’s hand and said thank you so much I really appreciate it but I am here for the misvah of Bikur Holim, I did not come here so you can give me a donation. If you want to participate of course you can be part of it, you can call me and I will be happy to come over and pick up a check but I do not want to minimize this misvah of Bikur Holim. I do not want to put a price tag on it, I am here 100 percent to see your brother. The man could not believe his ears. To me this is a kidush Hashem. We should all learn to do things with the right intentions like this sadik.
- My 18-month-old son was having bad stomach virus issues. This was going on for 3 days already and we were getting worried. We waited another day and then we went to the Radiologist. They did several sonograms and told us to wait in the waiting room and do not leave. They finally come out and tell us he has stomach Intussusception – which means that one of your intestines has folded over and he may need a certain air type of procedure right away. We send the info over to the pediatrician and head over there right away. We get there and he says this procedure will not work, I looked at the pictures and you need surgery right away. I called Columbia Hospital and have the number 1 surgeon in this field with his team ready for you. Go there right away. Rush to the hospital. On the way I call my Rabbi and tell him what is going on and he says his daughter had the same thing and mentions the air type procedure. I tell him they said it won’t work. He said to Tell them to try it. Now I am thinking I have the number one surgeon waiting for me to do this surgery, how can I tell him do me a favor let’s wait I want to try this procedure? I didn’t want to lose this surgeon. We get to the emergency room and register. The baby is crying in pain. I ask to please send us to the surgeon right away and they tell me he is not here that he is at a conference. The person from his team on his own says let’s try the air procedure and see what happens. They hook him up to the monitoring machines and Baruch Hashem it worked!! We did not have to do the surgery. Hashem planned out that the Surgeon that was supposedly waiting for us not be there, opening the window for us to do this procedure. The baby is doing great Baruch Hashem. We also experienced another siyata dishmaya. They had a very difficult time getting the IV into my son but finally got it. We were going up on the elevator and my wife notices my sons hand blowing up- she quickly ripped off the tape-the worker saw what was going on and pulled out the IV. It was not going into his vein, it was not in properly and it was causing his hand to blow up Baruch Hashem we caught this. Thank you, Hashem, for always watching over us.
- For a few days I had several personal challenges that made it very hard to have Bitachon. It was quite a struggle to remember that Hashem gives us troubles to make us stronger. But, knowing that I am only human, Hashem gave me the space to work things out. When I was ready to calm down and really look at the situation, Hashem was there waiting for me. Thanks Hashem for not giving up on me even when I was not at my best.
- Thank you, Hashem, for the excitement of Rosh Chodesh Adar and the great Mazal that accompanies it.
- Thank you, Hashem, for letting me go to work at a job that I enjoy.
- thank you, Hashem, for protecting our home. The back door was open all night and day thank you!’
- Last night, 10:30pm I went to purchase some food for my son and nephew in Yeshiva, who claim they’re starving! After the cashier rang up my balance, I was ready to pay but his computer froze. I needed to catch the Rebbi taking the package when it was still an earthly hour and it was getting late. After a few minutes of the cashier tapping keys with nothing happening in return, my teenage daughter who came along to make it go faster (but really wanted to finish studying and go to bed) let out a huff and said, “oh no! this is crazy!” I replied, “no, I thank Hashem for this tremendously! I’d much rather be in a lit, warm supermarket with ppl all around if I needed a late night, rather than be stuck out on the road with a flat tire in the dark and cold! (and no cell phone, since it fell down a drain by a parking spot a short while ago) As soon as I completed my thought the cashier’s tap on the key worked and he processed the payment! I was out of the store less than a minute later and made it to the Rebbi on time! my daughter left the store with her mouth hanging open
- My 5-yr. old daughter said today thank you Hashem that my headband was sticking out of the ball pit so it didn’t get lost!
- Thank you H-shem last week you gave me a great and wonderful gift to celebrate the Pidyon of my grandson that B”H has the same name as me. May You always give my wife and me and my whole family more semachot. He should live healthy, happy, with Ahavat H-shem and Yirat Shamayim.
- Thank You H-shem tonight is my birthday thank you for all the years you have given me together with my family. May you let me live till 120 years healthy.
- Thank you for these inspiring emails that help us remember Hashem and appreciate our blessings.
- Last week I had to take my son to the dermatologist. While he was there, I had the doctor look at something on my foot. It turned out to be nothing much, but he asked me if there was anything else I wanted him to look at. I asked him to look at a bump I had on my face, and he told me that it was pre-cancerous and needed to come off. He took it off then and there. Thank You Hashem for getting me to the doctor in time. Once again, Hashem you came through for me at the right time.
- Thank you Hashem, we had a beautiful baby girl from my daughter Ilana and Manny Haber this past shabbat at 10am. This is the first Debbie (my wife’s namesake) and this weeks Haftarah for Beshalach just happens to be….”Deborah Eiysha Neviya!”
- Thank you Hashem for bringing my yeshuah!!
- I heard a beautiful story to say Thank You to H-shem. “Somebody wrote to the Lubavitch Rebbe complaining that he can’t take anymore that he needs a bigger house, he has 2 boys and 2 girls and he lives in a 2 bedroom apartment. Every time he comes home, his wife complains to him that their children don’t have room to play, to sleep, to do their homework and they are always fighting one on top of the other. The Rebbe answers him: 1. Mazal tov for getting married!!! Do you know how many people are looking to get married and they don’t find their zibbug?; 2. Mazal Tov for having 2 boys and 2 girls!!!! Do you know how many people had been trying to have children for years and they don’t?; 3. Mazal Tov for owning your own house!!!! Do you know how many people have to pay rent and move every few years for not having a place of their own? The Rebbe finishes the letter saying YOU AND YOUR WIFE SHOULD FIRST EXPRESS THANK YOU TO H-SHEM FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT HE HAS BESTOWED UPON YOU. NOW PLEASE WRITE TO ME AGAIN WITH YOUR REQUEST. The man was too shy to write to the Holy Rabbi again.”
- Thank you H-shem for all the numerous blessings that you bestowed us every single moment of our lives, like Nishmat, even if we had all the ink in the world and unlimited amount of paper it’s not enough to say Thank you for one of the billions of Chesed that you do for us at every moment.
- A year ago a person asked me to do a chesed for someone he knows that was sick. Of course I said ok and helped them out, it was nothing difficult a small simple chesed. A year later this person was talking to me and I tell him I am making my sons bar misvah in a couple of weeks. He asks if I have all the money. I answer and tell him the amount I am missing and am praying to have it by the time the bar misvah day arrives. The next day he hands me the exact amount of money to make the bar misvah. I asked where he got it from and all he said is that it was from someone who had hakarat hatov to me for something I helped them with. I figured it out that it was the sick person or someone in their family. Thank you so much Hashem for helping me out. I feel like you sent me that chesed opportunity a year in advance as a test to see if I would get this help to complete the bar misvah payment. Thank you to this person as well. This was such a nice thing for you to do. I did not help them looking for anything in return. Hashem is so perfect. Thank you Hashem for my sons bar misvah.
From the archives..
- I heard an amazing story this morning about this Talmid Chacham who got hurt badly in a terror attack, he was so badly hurt and the Dr said he will never be the same, Am Israel got together to daven for him and with his determination to get better he exceeded all expectations today he is getting married!!!! To a girl who organized endless Tehilim groups and chesed in his name without even knowing who he was!
This is to show you that when we do selfless chesed for others we ourselves see yeshuot and more importantly don’t stop the tefilot, bora Olam hears them!!!!!!
- Last Friday I was putting together a class on the subject of appreciating Hashem’s kindness throughout the year and truly being happy to serve Him with our Torah learning and performance of mitzvot. I was in a local shul and decided to write down some notes and points to focus on. The midrash was just cleaned up and the tables were ready for Shabbat without the regular random papers around that I would normally use for this. So after looking all over for just one piece of paper to write on, I finally found it- and turning it over, it was someone’s printout of this email. So I took this as a clear nod of approval from Hashem. For a class about “Thank you Hashem”, I was being told to use the back of this beautiful collection of people actually thanking Hashem!! May everyone who participates in this project be blessed with a year of siyata dishmaya, inspiration and closeness to our Creator!
- Thank You HaSh-m for showing us at the time You know is right whatever information You show us! Like the numbers that Thank You HaSh-m list showed!
- Thank You HaSh-m for Your inspiration You give us!!
- We love You HaSh-m!!
- thank you Hashem all 3 of my kids went to school today only slight resistance… manageable always a good day when they all get off to school in the morning!
- WOW! To the wide readership out there!!!….Never even knew that there were Jewish people living in these places…..How much more so must I be to Thank Hashem publically as now I get a tiny glimpse into the ramifications it creates! Chodesh Tov to all! Thank you Hashem for a wonderful Chodesh Adar – and for the opportunity to live another month. Thank you!
- I don’t usually drive to my office.
I get a ride to work every day.
On the morning of March 23rd, I had to make the trip by myself.
Though there were predictions of much snow the precipitation in our area quickly became sheets of ice.
I met one of those sheets of ice on route 18 North.
Neither my car, nor I expected the resulting skid. The car began skidding and I, apart from being quite frightened, tried to remember those things I had learned years ago; “Steer in the direction of the skid, don’t use the brakes “.
I wasn’t doing too well. At one point I was facing the guard rail. I wondered how it would feel going right through that divider. Would the car be stopped at that point or, would we just continue falling?
I thought of my wife, my children and my mother.
The car continued to be uncontrollable, round and round we circled. Items were flying around in the car. OK, so this is it, I thought. I wondered if I would see my father who had passed away years ago. He was never too comfortable with my ability to drive. I expected an “I told you so”.
Without much time left it became obvious that someone else had begun to “pilot “the car. I had acquired a “co-pilot”. He was good. Obviously, he had some experience saving people’s lives.
With no assistance from me, we came out of the skid. We ended up facing the traffic on the highway. Miraculously, we were not hit by any of the cars driving in the other direction.
Thank you, G-d, for being my co-pilot!
- I was working on a sale with a customer. I followed up with them and it looked bleak. I davened and thought of a different approach to take with them. Baruch Hashem it looks like it has worked. Thank you Hashem for introducing this idea to me.
- Thank you Hashem for guiding me and my family on the right path of life. A life of Torah.
- Before going on a family vacation I received a notice in the mail that was going to represent a great amount of stress to deal with. I chose to push it aside and deal with it when I returned. I came back and called up to deal with it. The person on the phone said to ignore the notice, everything has been taken care of and is cleared. Thank you Hashem. This was a great feeling.
- Thank you Hashem for giving me nachat. I was turning the corner walking to shul and timing was perfect. One of my sons Rabeim met me right on the corner and spoke so nicely to me about my son. Thank you Hashem for all of my wonderful children, may everyone see great nachat from all of their children.
- Appreciating Hashem for our good health, which we often overlook until things change for the worse. Thank You Hashem for our day to day health.
- Thank You Hashem for the zechus of going to a morning shiur before davening given by the Rav on the 10th anniversary of the Shiur!!
- I went out of my way greatly in order to perform a chesed. Hashem has sent me a very nice gift as a result of me doing this chesed and being at that place at that moment. Thank you Hashem.
- (from the archives) was in my office having a conversation with someone about Hashem , they said that they believe in Hashem but do not believe that Hashem is involved with every little minor thing in the world, they said I believe Hashem is involved in wars and big things like that but I do not believe Hashem cares whether or not I can lift my finger like this or not…sorry I just do not buy it, the big stuff fine but if I can lift my fingers is not on Hashems list of things to do..fine- not more than 3 hours later this person calls me up all excited-they tell me you are not going to believe this, I got a cut,was bleeding and had to come to the emergency room- I am sitting right now in the cubicle they put me in here at the emergency room, and they come to the guy in next cubicle and ask him whats the matter? and he says- “I am trying to move my fingers and I can not, they do not move no matter how much I try”…this person saw clearly the greatness of Hashem-wow!
- Thank you Hashem for the wonderful world of SHABBAT
- About a month ago, I was making Sheva berachot for a friends daughter whom we are close to. I saved four hundred dollars on the side to pay for the Simcha. 5 days before got a call from my sons Yeshiva that my 5 yr old son fell & needed stitches on his forehead. So I Picked him up and went to Dr. They said it was very deep needed a plastic surgeon. So we went to the surgeon she said she doesn’t accept my insurance and I need to pay out of pocket. When she was done she presented me with a bill for $400. So I gave her a posted dated check for two days from then. I got home and told my wife that we didn’t have money to buy food and necessities for the Sheva berachot. She said no worries Hashem will send. Two days passed and the check was going in and we needed to prepare. My phone rings and I see it’s from a friend. He proceeds to tell me that he was going over his accounts and he never paid me commission for once referring a relative to him a few years back & that I should come pick up a check for $400 which is sitting on his desk. Baruch Hashem!
- Thank you Hashem for giving me the unexpected Zechut to be a sandak for my nephew this last week!
- Thank you Hashem for zechut to emulate you collecting money for yetomim & almanot
- Thank you Hashem for being able to have 2 guests who are here from Israel this week.
- The other day I was driving and accidently the passenger door in the front seat wasn’t closed properly and flew open while I turned a corner. B”H the passenger was belted in – and wasn’t leaning on the door. B”H there were no cars parked on that side of the road which the open door would’ve smashed, nor were there people on the street who would’ve been hit…… Thank you Hashem for this gigantic open miracle and the zillions of miracles that I don’t get to see each and every day. I love you so much Hashem!
- I was on my way to visit a friend in the Hospital. On my way he calls me and says did you leave Brooklyn yet? I say I am on the fdr drive already, why? I figured he was going to say that he needed a ride for someone. He answers, do you have an extra kippah in your car? I say why?- he says the man in the next bed sharing his room is 91 years old. He just put on tefilin together with him for the 1st time in 56 years!!! He said the man was crying like a baby. He said he has my kippah and said he does not want to take it off, he wants to keep it on and wear a kippah! Mi KiAMECHA Yisrael. I get to the hospital and my friend is not in his room , I call him and ask where are you? he says quick come meet me I am doing bikur cholim visiting someone on the other side of the floor. Some people are very special Baruch Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for the court case was dismissed and thank you Hashem that I am a Jew and you are always patient with me. I love you my father the king
- Heard a couple of people close to me are doing better with recovering from illnesses. Thank you H-Shem for healing them and thank you H-shem for my and all of am yisroel’s health.
- Thank you Hashem for giving me a good day !
- Thank You Hashem for all of the unique opportunities You give us to show You how much we love You!
- Pidyon , a Brit milah, Bar Misvah and wedding all in the same week Baruch Hashem. As I type this I am noticing the link of these simachot-How wonderful is Hashem. Thank you Hashem
- Thank you Hashem. You protect me from the hackers that are on my Mac who have not left me alone.
- I know they are abusing my privacy but I thank you Hashem for giving me courage to be strong in the face of adversity.
- A special note from 7 year old Malka Hirth A”H “I sing to Hashem, I thank you for my life, even though I would like it to be different, I know he has a plan for me, the best possible plan” she said on the way to the emergency room. Malka was niftar This year. May this be a tremendous zechut for her.
- As always, there is so much to thank Hashem for. I would put high up on the list that my father is pretty much ok after falling down the stairs Motzei Shabbos & hitting his head & going unconscious. Was rushed to the hospital & had a couple of CAT scans & Baruch Hashem all looks good. A few stitches & stayed for the night in the hospital, but all looks good now & back to normal. C”V, could’ve been a lot worse.
- My son went to Far Rockaway for Shabbos & was a whole “to do” figuring out hot to get him there. Thank you Hashem for arranged to have a Lakewood resident in Lawrence for Shabbos & they were able to hook up & got a ride home quickly & easily. & it turns out the person giving the ride is a friend I know from yeshiva more than 35 years ago!
- Thank you Hashem for the beautiful weather forecasted for Shabbos. Looking forward to Pesach & warmer weather. Spring is always a beautiful time & we should appreciate what comes with it. Thank you!
- Thank you Hashem for the excitement of Pesach slowly building up. May we greet Mashiach and enjoy Korban Pesach this year Bh.
- Thank you Hashem for all of the challenges that You put before me. Every one I overcome makes me stronger and stronger.
- Thank you Hashem for making me Jewish and frum!! giving me a neshama! always hope! reminding me to look for the good in each thing
- Thank you Hashem for our amazing trip to Israel. We enjoyed every step (literally),every sight every prayer every meal. The cold and the warmth. It was great. And spending time with my son’s who are learning in yeshiva was the icing on the cake.
- Thank You HaShem for letting me live and for thinking about me even though I’m really nothing. Thank You for my teeth and letting me chew without pain BH. Thank You for letting my sore throat go away on its own without going to a doctor – HaShem You are my only doctor I love You!!
- Thank you Hashem for beautiful weather these last few days.
- Thank you Hashem for helping me with the words of chizuk to inspire and help others.
- Thank you Hashem for regular routine – ability to wake up, daven, go to work, take care of things, return, relax, go to sleep – B”H for the regular hum drum of normal life.
- I had a small problem come up. I was about to speak to my wife about it but decided what good would it make to have her possibly get aggravated? Came back to work and the problem went away on its own. Thank you Hashem and I am happy I didn’t worry my wife for nothing.
- Thank you H-shem that my son got married last night it was a beautiful Simcha. I want to thank everyone that join my wife and I in the celebration. We should always share Semachot together. Thank you for doing such a big Chessed for me and my family. May the built Bayit Neeman VeIsrael. They should always be happy together and go in your ways at 120 years.
- I had an injury to my teeth and it became very difficult to take a simple bite to eat. It made me appreciate the genius in how our teeth function. Something I took for granted. Thank you Hashem for my teeth. Another one of your ingenious creations.
- I had to call someone to buy something from. In the end he ended up asking what I do and he ended up giving me an order! Min Hashamayim- Thank you so much Hashem your hand is so clear.
- Brit milah- mazal tov.
- I had my car parked at a spot on the corner. I went out to help someone with a quick errand. Came back to see that a car crashed right into the spot where my car was parked. The chesed save me from this accident. Thank you Hashem and thank you Hashem that nobody was hurt.
- Had 2 weddings this week- thank you Hashem for simachot
- A friend of mine needed some help. Thank you Hashem for making me the shaliach and being able to help him out and fulfill the misva of viahavta lireacha kamocha.
- Heard great news, someone who has not had a child in many years has had a baby boy.
- (from the archives).. The biggest mitzvah is to help a friend before he falls off his donkey. A man approached me the day after I read that “the Biggest, mitzvah is to help a man before he falls off his donkey.” I just lost my job’ I need help till I get another job” immediately, I reached out to his close friends and raised 5000 dollars for him. After 1 month he approached me and said ” I just got a job” I can’t thank you enough for sustaining me for the past month with the 5000 it was a tremendous help and kept me going for the past month”‘ thank you,”When you hear if a friend in trouble, help him, before he falls off his donkey! Shabbat shalom
About 20 years ago right after my father had passed away, I was approached by a neighborhood Yeshiva to do some fund raising for them. I had never done any sort of fund raising before. I didn’t know what to answer. I thought it would be a nice thing to do, a nice misvah right after my father passed away. They said I should get up in front of my shul and make a speech and then use the cards they would drop off by my house to mark the pledges down. Friday morning they dropped off 600 cards, but no speech. I am not a speaker and was left to fend for myself and try to get up in front of the kahal and make a speech on my own and do the fund raising for the Yeshiva.
I did it, I got up in front of everyone and made my appeal. After I spoke I was standing there with 600 cards. I looked to my side and saw a wealthy member of the shul, a friend of mine and I approached him and asked if he can start us out and help out the Yeshiva. His response shocked me. He started berating me. He started saying – How dare you approach me like this!, I will never help out this Yeshivah! and started to scream at me in front of the entire shul. I was humiliated beyond belief. He then angrily takes the card and tears it into pieces and THROWS IT IN MY FACE!!! I put the other 599 cards in an envelope and gave up. I went home sat on the couch and cried like a Baby. I couldn’t continue,I was broken. I felt like I let my father down. I felt like I let the Yeshiva down. But that man deflated me. I was numb and could not go thru with this.
10 year later I get a call from a food organization asking if I can help fund raise for them. I paused and said this is my chance to get back on the horse and try again. I said yes and agreed to help out. I wanted to do avodat Hashem and was determined to do this Misvah that Hashem has resent to me.
I got to my place of business and had a wealthy community member show up as a customer that day. I approached her with a card for a pledge and began to ask if she can help out this wonderful food organization. Her reaction startled me. She angrily yells at me How dare you approach me over here for a donation!!! Who do you think you are!!. I am not here to give charity I am here for my own personal needs. I will not give you any donation. Don’t you ask me for any donations!!! I was shocked. But this time I was determined. I told myself I will not let her get me down. I will not give up the avodat Hashem I am trying to do. I am going to move on and continue full force ahead with great determination!
Within 6 months I was zoche to collect $140,000!!! Yes $140,000!
Being in the Parashiot we are reading this time of year the lesson was clear to me. Noach and Avraham were ridiculed and made fun of but they did not give up. They stayed true to the job of serving Hashem and did not let people bring them down. They persevered. This is our test. If we are growing and doing the right thing in serving Hashem we should not let a friend or colleague put us down. We must stay focused and continue in our avodat Hashem. Do not let any ridicule or any remarks take you off track. Keep on growing and doing the misvot we are required to do and stay strong believing and knowing that you are doing the right thing for Hashem and for yourself.
- I went to do a chesed and help out a customer of mine. It was a very long drive and was above the call of duty but figured it was going to be a kidush Hashem. I spent several hours there and it took much longer than expected. At the end it was all worth it when the person I helped could not stop thanking me for coming all the way down and spending so much time there. I spent most of my work day pretty much closed for any business while I was there. Hashem had other plans. As I was driving back a customer calls me and says he would like to re-order the exact order he had put in with me a while back. He even added some quantities. Thank you so much Hashem for showing me how you can send parnasah so easily especially when we are doing the right thing and trying to be involved in Kidushei Hashem.
- I was driving on a 4 lane street in the last lane. I was waiting by the light and when it turned green I automatically started driving, as I’m driving past the crosswalk out of the corner of my eye I see someone walking against the light across all 4 lanes, being that I was in the last lane I didn’t notice her and missed her by mere inches. She was a goya and kicked the back of my car and started cursing me out as if I was the one that did something wrong.after it happened I was a little shaken up and I called my husband to tell him what happened, he told me that he just finished writing in to thank you Hashem!!!! thank you Hashem from saving me from a near accident and thank you Hashem that I’m a Jew!
- I just made a to do list at the office. On it I noted to call a customer regarding an invoice for payment that was a little overdue. At that moment my phone rings and it is that exact customer calling with the credit card. Thank you Hashem.
- I lost an important item of mine. I started to try and manage without it. I then said hey wait a minute I didn’t even pray and ask Hashem that I be able to find it. I stopped and asked Hashem. Within 30 seconds I found it. Thank you Hashem
- Someone blocked me in on alternate side parking. I was really upset cuz it was Friday and I had lots of errands to do. After trying to get out of my spot for 45 minutes with no hope I just sat in my car and thought. what would I say when the person comes? Would I honk till they get annoyed? Will I yell? Then I realized it was a Jewish car. I said its aseret yemi tushuvah- it’s a Jewish person you never know where or what they need to do. I will just make it as if I was not waiting 45 minutes to get out. just as I put my car in park to wait – a stranger passes by and asked me if I need to get out- I said yes, Im tired I’m really stuck. He said I’m a driver for a living. Come out of your car I’ll get it out for you. Within a minute my car was out of the spot. I don’t know how he did it. But I do know that Hashem sent him.
- Thank you Hashem for the kidush Hashem I was able to be a part of.
- Thank you Hashem for giving me the strength to go out to an amazing shiur given for my friend’s refoua shelema. I was exhausted and not in the mood to go, but BH Hashem gave me the strength to get up and go. The shiur was amazing and I am so happy I didn’t miss it!
- Thank you Hashem for letting me catch a mistake at work and being able to correct it before the holiday. Otherwise might have been a difficult situation.
- I am thankful to have recognized my personality faults and will work on correcting them
- Thank you Hashem for a wonderful last year. Thank you for being there every step of the way and holding our hand. Thank you for a chance to do teshuba and to start fresh this coming year b’h.
- Thank you Hashem for the magical creation of a washing machine called Yom Kippur that cleanses all of us of our aveirot.
Thank you Hashem, for giving me such a true, caring, sincere, friend, in Steven H, along with his friend Ray,they were there for me, when I absolutely needed them. Two and a
half years ago on April 15th 2014 the start of Passover, my mother passed
away. My mother suffered, during her final months, she had talked to me months earlier about the type of monument (Double monument and design) she would like, and upon her final Four months of her life, I promised that I would honor her wishes. Following her death in the first year, I struggled financially, to make the initial payments and did. With each passing month, and into the second year, my fathers health began to decline My father is Living on a fixed income with no savings in the bank, I was unable to use his income, to pay towards the monument. His health care
became more expensive, as his health began to rapidly decline (Parkinson’s) along with other complications, and I myself personally, had financial hardships of my own. I am my fathers power of attorney responsible for his health care and finances as well.
The promise I had made to my mother had come to a stand still and I just could not save up the money to allow me to move forward with my promise. It was four months ago I had asked my very good friend Steven H for his advice regarding my predicament and how I could get much needed assistance. Steven without any hesitation along with his friend Ray were instrumental in coordinating there efforts by reaching out to there community, circulating emails and collected donations (checks) within a Three month period to help pay down the balance owed on my mothers monument. They raised the money from friends, business, organizations, and individuals interested in helping in this cause. Steven H and Ray, made it a point to Assure me that the monument would be paid up in full and would be up in time for Rosh Hashanah / Yom Kippur. I am so very grateful to everyone that it was finally completed and erected on United Hebrew site in Staten Island September 27th 2016. Words cannot begin to express my gratitude and happiness that I feel that the monument is now up and is finally in its rightful place in United Hebrew. I am very thankful to Hashem, for giving me such a great friend and my sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who contributed and for there kindness and sincere generosity which made it possible. The last two and a half years had
been a struggle and made me doubt whether the monument would ever have been completed in my fathers lifetime. He is 89 years old and would also like thank Hashem and to everyone who helped and donated. I wish to take this opportunity to personally pray and ask That Hashem bless each and everyone and there families for a healthy, and prosperous new year ahead. May it be a sweet new year filled with happiness and most importantly health to all.
- Experienced joy with my son hearing the shofar and not wanting to leave shul.
- Thank You for Hashem for the many opportunities you give us again and again to come close to You!
- Thank you Hashem for my family! Thank you Hashem for giving me amazing parents, may they be blessed with a long and healthy life B’H!
- Thank you H-shem for giving us Rosh Hashanah to give us a chance to do reckoning of all our actions and to make us realize who is the Supreme Being of everything that H-shem is the King and Controller of the World from the biggest things to the smallest thing.
- Thank you Hashem for inscribing me and my family last Rosh Hashanah in the book of life.
- Thank you Hashem for Yom kippur. We are so fortunate to have this day to be cleansed from our filthy sins.
- Thank u Hashem for giving me beautiful healthy children and giving me the strength to take care of them.
- I was about to get on the road for a very long trip and planned on working with my office computer remotely. Something came up and I had to stop in my office before I headed out. It was a good thing I did. When I got there I saw that the computer I needed to access was not connected. I was able to have it connected and available for remote use. If I had gotten on the road I would have drove a long way and not had the access I needed. Thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for by new car lease!
- Thank You HaShem for giving us the Shofar that’s like no other instrument. It really shakes a person up and helps us to do Teshuva.Than You HaShem for letting me live this past year and all the years before that I really appreciate it. Please Please let all of Bnei Yisrael live to see the Mashiach this year very very soon BzH.
- Thank you Hashem for letting me be part of Klal Yisrael and to witness Klal Yisraels great inner and outer beauty
- Wonderful wedding mabrook and thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for the much needed inspiration you threw my way this week!!!
- Thank you Hashem for protecting me from dealing with a certain customer. At first I was wrongly upset that I was not getting an order from them but then worked on my bitachon and trusted that Hashem knows what he is doing. I later found out that Hashem protecting me from dealing with this particular person. It may have been a real problem getting paid.
- Thank you Hashem , had a wisdom tooth pulled with barely any pain during and after the extraction
- I was eating lunch at the pizza store and an old friend that I have not seen in a long long time surprises me by landing in the empty seat on my table. I was so happy to see him and we had a great talk. At the end I told him we should be in touch and meet for lunch. He answered, look how great Hashem is, he put us together here for lunch without us even planning it. Hashem planned it for us.Thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem that it is you who run our country and the world and not these 2 immature candidates running for president. Ein Od Milvado.
- Thank you for the baby that was born, please Hashem protect and save the baby’s Mommy Malka Bat Rachel
- Thank you Hashem for your endless kindness with me.
- Thank you Hashem for the special opportunity to go in to a great Tzaddik and receive a beautiful bracha before Rosh Hashana.
- Thank you Hashem for a regular and normal week.
- Thank you Hashem for my simcha of two good friends getting engaged last week.
- Thank you Hashem for the endless goodness that You do for me and my family on a constant basis – for all that I can see and for all that I cannot see and will never know about. I love you so much, Hashem!
- Today there was a collector in shul that I was prepared to hand a dollar to. After hearing his sad story I handed him 10 dollars. I get to work and call Amazon for a question on my account. After the rep explained it all to me he says for the misunderstanding he is going to refund my credit card $100. 10 times the amount I just gave was gifted to me. Thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for helping us all the time. We bumped a car this week and got out to survey the damage. B’h there was none and the people just waved us on. Thank you Hashem for protecting us from a serious accident and money loss.
- I watched a fourth grade class while they were eating snack. One boy called out I am hungry I have no snack. Within seconds every other boy filled his desk with snack.
- I attended a wedding with a couple of friends in order to do the misvah and chesed of making the bride and groom happy. We got to experience wonderful achdut. We met several people there and got to talking. We were so impressed with what looked like simple people, but they were doing such wonderful acts of chesed with their lives. The chattan was beaming with joy throughout the night. 3 days later I am walking to my car and I see someone walking out of the cleaners. He looks very familiar. I catch up to him to get a closer look and I say to him, are you a chattan, did you have a wedding this week?. He smiles bright and says yes and thank you so much for making it such a happy night. He starts hugging me and we get to talking. He is a great guy and I invite him and his wife over for a shabbat meal. He says this week he has shabbat sheva berachot (I named the house he was going to and he smiled, we met the man at the wedding, one of the cheseds we witnessed was this man opening his home for shabbat sheva berachot for this couple 1 day before the holiday, mi ki amecha yisrael..)..I took his number and Bh will have them over for shabbat. Thank you Hashem for following up the wedding with the oppurtunity to meet the chattan, such a special nice person. Mabruk to him and his kallah.
- Had a few different issues going on at the same time at work. Thank you Hashem for making them all fall into place so easily.
- Thank you Hashem for the most wonderful year of life you granted me. I pray and hope to be zoche to another great year of life along with all of our beautiful people. May we merit greeting and celebrating the arrival of Mashiach quickly.
- I took a very hard fall while playing ball. While on the ground I was unsure how injured I was. All sorts of ideas ran thru my mind. I was dazed. Baruch Hashem I slowly got up and within a few minutes got my bearings together and all is fine. Thank you Hashem.