- Thank you Hashem – So as I walking home from work the other day in the heat and a car pulled up next to me and offered me a bottle of water. Thinking back I just thought of an amazing idea in this crazy heat wave. Buy 1 water bottle get a 2nd one for a stranger on the street. It is such a small act of kindness and it can save someone’s life and make their day.
- Last year I didn’t get any vacation pay from the company where I work for, I tried to argue with them but for some reasons (which I could understand) they wouldn’t budge. This year I prayed to Hashem to give me the vacation pay and I indeed received it. Thank you Hashem for the extra money.
- Went to visit yesterday in hospital a father who gave away his kidney for his own son. מי כעמך ישראל. We should be proud that we are Hashem’s chosen nation.
- Innocently picked up my phone to check the gps while at a red light, picked up my head a realized I wasn’t at a full stop.. Literally half a second before I would’ve hit the car before me. (this is just 2 weeks after actually breaking late and nailing the car in front of me!) so happy I only have to deal with one rather than 2! Thank you Hashem! 🙂
- My wife has been asking to go away for a night, she needed a break very badly and told me to call for a Hotel reservation for Tuesday night asap. I knew it was urgent that we get away and would be very helpful to get a little rest. I called 6 different Hotels in the area we wanted to stay and they were all booked. I could not believe it, these were large hotels with hundreds of rooms! I tried very hard and came up with nothing. Didn’t make sense. We ended up staying home. The next morning after shul I check my phone and see 6 missed calls from my house. I panicked and called the house. My wife is hysterical and tells me you don’t know what just happened. 10 minutes ago a bunch of Sherrifs and undercover cop cars all zoomed up to the front of the house that we rented for the summer. They started pounding on the door like animals. My kids were petrified as my wife ran to get dressed to answer the door. The scene was not to be believed with all the cars and lights and chaos. Had no idea what was going on. Opened the door and the mean tough sherrif rudely says, you live here?is this your home!!? My wife didn’t know what to answer and had no clue what was happening and Baruch Hashem said we are only here for the summer this is not our home. The police and sherrifs all left. Seems there are serious issues with the owners of the home that we pray no jew ever has to go thru. I want to thank Hashem for orchestrating all these hotels being sold out. If we had been away and this happened my children would have been terrified without their mother home with them. We also must stop and appreciate that for the most part we do not have issues like this and should happily deal with the ups and downs of our everyday life. We must Thank Hashem we do not have something so serious like is going on with the family we are renting from. Wishing them all the best and shalom.Bh all of us should have and appreciate shalom bayit and simchat hachayim and be happy with all Hashem gives us.
- Wedding Sunday night- mabruk
- Thank you Hashem that I have so much to say Thank you for! Thank you for my health, for my family, for the sunshine, summer time, security, every breath of life and all the joy!
- Hashem thank you for a beautiful summer, with a positive perspective. A perspective you have taught me to harness and use to receive more of your blessings
- I was driving about 40 mph on a one lane road. A car 2 cars ahead of me decided to make a left turn and stops in the middle of the road. I did not have much time to slam the brakes and not make contact with the car in front of me. Luckily the car in front of me attempted to move to the right giving me about 18 inches so I can swerve to the left and hope not to hit any of the cars. Baruch Hashem was able to come to a stop ending up side by side with car in front of me and right behind the car attempting to turn Thank you Hashem for protecting me. This would have caused a 3 car accident.
- Thank you Hashem for giving us the opportunity to buy our very own first house. It’s such a special beracha to have a home that keeps us safe from all types of weather and danger.
- Thank you Hashem. We sat in shul and watched a close friend who experienced an open miracle say ‘hagomel’ at the Torah. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house ! May we all be healthy and strong and continue to pray for each other’s welfare. What a wonderful community we have.
- Thank you Hashem for letting me see the kidush Hashem of the video sent out showing my friend moments before donating his kidney to save another jews life.
- Thank you Hashem for the love you give me. Thank you Hashem for the times you forgive me. Thank you Hashem for showing me how much you care.
- Thank you Hashem for a beautiful graduation of my son completing Mesivta and learning most of Baba Kama (just 3 blatt left to finish!). It was an amazing year of aliya for the entire class & a lot accomplished. We’re so grateful.
- Thank you Hashem for giving my son the ability to finish Shisha Sedra Mishna this week. Really moved by what can be done by making a goal & consistently driving towards it.
- Thank you Hashem for another beautiful day on my day off this week. -Usually no traffic going to work in the morning. I just “happened” to look in the GPS before I left today & saw traffic on the GSP express lanes (which we usually take). Hashem saved me a lot of time of sitting in traffic today. Thank you!
- Really appreciating the luxury of air conditioning these days. & no power outages! Thank you Hashem!
- I got a pamphlet yesterday from the gas company. They wrote over there some tips on how to detect gas leaks. I said to myself that a few months ago I felt that rotten egg smell which they described that it is a sign of a gas leak. I called them up, they came right over. after inspecting, they’re telling my wife. madam, you have a gas leak in one of the pipes. You have no idea how lucky you are for calling us!! Thank you Hashem deeply for keeping us safe 24/7 and making us call the gas company who caught the leak.
- My daughter and my niece ran up the stairs and told me to please put this in the Thank you Hashem for them. My niece was holding a toy of my daughters in her hand that had some sort of propeller blade that starts spinning very fast right when you turn it on. She pressed the button to turn it on while having her fingers in the way of the propeller. My daughter saw what was about to happen and quickly screamed to drop the toy, Baruch Hashem she dropped the toy on the spot right before it started to spin and possibly cause damage. Thank you Hashem for your protection!
- THANK YOU HASHEM YOU ARE AWESOME! My sons surgeon is a GIFT from you. He is healing wonderfully.
- Thank you Hashem for an awesome night of learning Torah on Shavuot.
- Thank you Hashem for allowing us to take my wife home from the hospital right before Shabbat and the Chag.
- Thanks you Hashem for an uplifting and healthy hag. Thank you for all the beautiful, happy and relaxing time we got to spend with our precious families.
- Thank you Hashem for the acts of greatness I have witnessed this week. I am so proud to be part of klal Yisrael.
- Brit milah yesterday , 3 weddings last night, Bar misvah Last night and another wedding tonight, Thank you Hashem for Simcha.
- Thank you Hashem for this weekly email that speaks positive. Something the world needs to do a little more of. I was listening to the traffic on the radio and it occurred to me that 9 times out of 10 if there is no traffic on a highway or bridge it does not get mentioned. Only negative things get mentioned like an overturned tractor-trailer or major delay on the GWB. How about mentioning certain highways that are driving smoothly? Oh well..May all who are traveling always be safe and protected.
- My summer-house that we rent was not available and the prices sky rocketed this year. I prayed to Hashem to please find us a great house at a great price. Thank you Hashem for getting us a BETTER house at an even greater price!!! Clearly you have answered my tefilah.
- Great encouraging line Rabbi Wallerstein heard from his father. When thinking about being too busy to take on another project in helping klal yisrael and saying I have too much on my plate. He would remind himself what his father used to tell him – if you say my plate is full,” Get a Bigger Plate” (torahanytimes this week)
- I was involved in a very high pressure situation. I would like to publicly thank Hashem for letting it all work out so perfectly.
- I was walking to shul very late at night on Shavuot. I was alone on a dark unlit street. For some reason I made a tefilla for Hashem to please give a special shemira/protection for all of the jewish people who are out tonight . All of a sudden I hear a car playing crazy music driving down the street. He slowed down when he came close to where I was walking and suddenly pushed the gas and drove off. I instantly felt inside me that my tefilla for others to be safe and protected a moment earlier had just saved me from harm. Thank you Hashem for watching over us.
- Thank you Hashem for the special feeling of having Shabbat kodesh connect straight into Shavuot.
- Selfless act of chesed, Thank you Hashem and please bless the wonderful kind person who has donated her kidney to my good friend. They should both have a refuah Shelama.
- I have a very expensive pen that has not been working for a very long time. This pen has sentimental value to me. I never had the heart to actually dispose of it. After a couple of years of seeing it on my desk I decided it was tame to cast it aside. I picked it up and saw it was still broken. I opened it up and fiddled with it a little and Baruch Hashem it has started to work again. I did not do anything different this time than in the past. Clearly Hashem has returned this expensive pen back to me. Thank you Hashem.
- I was in a hospital meeting with a head of a delicate department. The Dr. told me that he has been involved in thousands of these procedures and there is nothing like the Jewish people. How they are always willing to help one another. How a Jew will help any Jew in need. He said that if a Jew sees another Jew in need it is automatic that he will stop and help him, even in the middle of the street and even if he does not know him. He says he does not see this trait by the goyim. Thank you Hashem for making me a Jew.
- Thank you Hashem for my sons Birthday-may he grow up enjoying a healthy life of Torah and Beracha.
By Rabbi Chaim Morgenstern
There are many stories testifying to the gadlus (greatness) of HaGaon HaRav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita, stories heard from the countless number of people that visited his home seeking his wisdom and instruction.
A family in which one of the sisters developed a serious medical condition had to face a kidney transplant once it became clear the dialysis was not a viable long term option. The parents decided to look for a donor for a transplant. Four of the brothers were determined to be suitable donors. The potential donors agreed they would visit Rav Kanievsky and draw straws to determine which one of them would donate a kidney. The youngest brother became too frightened of surgery and told the others that he cannot give a kidney, but agreed to accompany them to Rav Chaim. They visit took place, and when they drew lots to determine who will donate a kidney, the lot fell on the youngest brother, the same one who stated he is too scared to go through with the transplant.
Those present were certain Rav Chaim would instruct them to draw again between the brothers who were not afraid. However, Rav Chaim told the youngest brother than since the lot fell on him, he must donate the kidney to his sister. “You will not lose from this but you will have good health” Rav Chaim told him.
As the young man tried to tell Rav Chaim he is scared, he was interrupted by Rav Chaim who reiterated that he must go through with ithe transplant and that he will have good health.
The transplant procedure began in Beilinson Hospital in Tel Aviv, where the young brother was in one room and the recipient, his sister, in an adjoining operating room.
After the doctors removed the healthy kidney from the young brother they were astounded to find a growth, albeit a small malignant one that was not detectable because it was under the kidney growing towards the pancreas. The doctors told the family that they never would have detected it without the transplant surgery, and that by the time the growth would have been detectable it would have been too late.
Since the kidney was not usable, the brothers returned to draw lots again at the home of Rav Chaim to determine who will merit giving a kidney.
Once again, it is seen that listening to the words of this Gadol Hador not only saved the life of the sister, who required a kidney, but the younger brother who had no idea that trying to donate the organ would save his life.
- Thank you Hashem, I was so happy to see my friend Debbie from school today. It made me very happy. Hashem really cares. Hashem knew how much I wanted to see her. Well done Hashem!
- Thursday, I had very busy hectic day with many appointments .I had an important package to go out FedEx but no time to go to the post office. I prayed to Hashem “please send me a FedEx truck” I Walked outside my store and a FedEx truck pulled up and gladly took my package. In life when we go thru hectic times and then we get bailed out, we may think it’s us, or others or FedEx that helped, but it’s really Hashem that delivers.
- Nothing is by accident. In the middle of Mincha I accidentally turned a few too many pages and glimpsed at some of the berachot in the upcoming Amidah. I thought to myself that I am not there yet, not in the amidah but will be on those pages shortly in the future and it helped me prepare my kavanah that when I get to those pages I want to be able to focus and concentrate on the powerful berachot of the amidah. Thank you Hashem for letting me prepare. It also made me think about Olam Haba , that I am not there yet and want to prepare here first..
- Was assisting someone with a matter dealing with Renewal, an organization that helps with Kidney transplants and the woman on the phone at the Drs. Office in Lakewood after hearing me mention Renewal says oh Renewal they recently did a shiduch (a match). I figured she meant a shiduch of connecting a person who needs a kidney with a donor and I continued talking to her about how great that is. She interrupts and says, no they did a real marriage shiduch! I said what? She tells me how there were 2 donors at Renewal and they were put together and have gotten married. Wow..I was on the phone with Aj from Renewal and I mentioned this to him to confirm and he told me 100% true , that he went to the wedding. He made the story even greater by telling me how both of the donors are from Brooklyn and both happened to go to Minneapolis as a chesed to give chizuk to the patient who was preparing to receive a new Kidney. The 2 people met in Minneapolis and are now married. We clearly see Hashems hand here on many fronts, the reward for these peoples chesed, how they both are in NY but met very far away, how they both have the same midah of caring enough to go and fly out to Minneapolis to make a patient feel more comfortable- No doubt this is match made in Heaven by Hashem with the guidance of the fantastic organization Renewal.Thank you Hashem.
- Brit milah yesterday, mabruk…
- Was at the Geox store with my wife and the sales person comes and tells us that today they have a sale and we will get an additional 25 percent off of the sale price and if we buy 2nd pair we will get another 50 off of one of the shoes on top of the already reduced price. Got confused, laughed and said whatever you said sounds good. Got a great pair of Geox for $26! My wife’s were about $60. Thank you Hashem.
- Thank you Hashem for sending me a chesed to do.
- Saved myself a 3 hour trip in the car by asking a simple question, Thank you Hashem for putting the right thoughts in our minds.
- Got a free upgrade on my flight, Thank you Hashem.
- Found out I was going to have extra expenses this Pesach year being I was going to have to have extra meals in my home this year. I did not get bothered by the extra expense even though it is a little tight right now and said to myself, my friend always reminds me that Hashem pays for Shabbat and Holidays. Shortly after finding out about the extra expenses someone approaches me with a gift card for a very nice amount to one of the biggest kosher supermarkets in town. Keep in mind this person never has given me a gift card like this before , this was given on a year that I was having extra meals and Hashem has taken care of it on his Shabbat and Holiday account. Thank you so much to this friend and of course Thank you Hashem for always taking care of all of our needs. Chodesh Tov to all.
- Engagement party last night –Mazal Tov
- Wow , Thank you Hashem , I just called the rent a car company to tell them that I made a reservation but never got an email confirmation and when I go on the site to see the car rental it shows a way higher price. They looked me up and said I do not have a reservation. Uh oh , I say here are my dates please see if you can get me the same price I originally had that was 200 less then what it shows now. She types it in and says there is a special deal right now and it will be over 100 less than my original reservation! I say can I do it online she says no it is only available at this particular airport and only available by doing it on the phone. Thank you Hashem for saving me over 300 dollars and Thank you Hashem for putting the idea in my head to give them a call, something I normally would not do.
- Was witness to enormous amounts of chesed and maasim tovim this week on many levels of Adam Lichaveiro. Made me realize how lucky I am to be a Jew. There is no one like our nation. Thank you Hashem for choosing me to be part it.