Recognizing the ‘יד ה-the hand of Hashem in everyday life is so valuable; seeing through the natural way of the world and knowing that it is really Hashem behind the scene. People growing in Emunah begin to change their thought pattern. They notice Hashem in everything they do. It is such a beautiful service of Hashem.
Somebody told me that he has a children’s book, which tells the story of a little girl who woke up one morning, on her birthday, expecting to hear happy birthday from every member of her family, but nobody said anything. She really wanted a birthday party, but it seemed like everyone forgot. She decided she would throw herself a party. Meanwhile, her family was planning a surprise party for her later on, and had hidden everything away. She thinks to herself, “I need a cake.” She goes down to the basement freezer, and it just so happens that there is a big beautiful birthday cake there. “Perfect,” she thinks to herself. Then, she decides she needs games for the party, and she found all of her favorite games in a closet in a shopping bag. She thought, “Wow, just what I wanted.” She went to look for party favors, and it just so happened there were unopened packages of party favors all in one cabinet. “Great,” she thought, “Now I have everything I need to make myself a party.”
She carried everything to the kitchen and there she saw her family, and they all yelled, “Surprise!” This little girl thought she just happened to find a birthday cake and games. In reality, each item was placed in its spot for her birthday party. This is the story of our lives. We go here, and we happen to find exactly what we are looking for. We go there, and we find the perfect merchandise to sell. It was all a setup. Hashem was behind everything. But it looks so natural, and if we don’t think with Emunah, we could miss Him.
A man named Jack told me a few years ago that he had to go to the Orient on business. He would be there over Shabbat in a place with no Minyan. It bothered him a lot, so he investigated and discovered that a new Minyan may have opened up there. He was given the number of a person to call when he arrived. On the plane, there was a problem with one of the seats, and the person who had that seat was moved right next to Jack. He spoke to the man for a minute and it turns out that he was also Jewish, travelling on business. However, he didn’t even get his name, since he liked to sleep on these long plane rides. He politely excused himself and turned away to sleep. When he arrived at his hotel, he called to inquire about the Minyan. He was delighted to hear that there was a brand new Minyan that recently opened. Just then, he noticed in the lobby the other Jewish man who had sat next to him on the plane. He went over to him and told him that he had just found out about the new Minyan, if he was interested. The man responded, “Wow. I am so excited. Everyone told me that there is no Minyan here. But, I am in the year of saying Kaddish for my father, and I never missed a Kaddish yet. This was going to be my first time. You just saved me. Thank You.” Jack asked the man’s name, and he recognized it. “Who was your father?” he asked. It turns out, that man’s father was the one who helped put Jack into business years before and taught him everything he knew about the business. Now, the מכין מצעדי גבר-the Planner of man’s footsteps, with clear Hashgacha Pratit, set it up that he could help him by enabling his son to say Kaddish for him.
Hashem made a problem with the chair on the plane and put him right next to Jack to get them to meet. It was all a setup. Hashem plants what we need just in the right spot at the right time. If we recognize it and thank Him, then we are growing in Emunah.
- Daily Emunah, Lesson # 812, Rabbi David Ashear
A universal crisis, millions of people stranded, billions of dollars lost, & one volcanic eruption in Iceland causes chaos across the European continent. Amidst the tumult, one Jew merits a smile of loveliness from the Creator of the World, as if whispering, “my son, the whole world was not created except for you.”The story begins with a young Yeshiva student, an 18 year old Yerushalmi, who came down with a fulminate hepatic failure and was mortally ill. With little hope of receiving a liver transplant in Israel, Rav Firer, the CEO of Ezer M’tziyon, sought to send the boy to Brussels, the world center of liver transplants. The only problem, however, was that Brussels does not perform transplants on non-EU patients in order to save the scanty supply of livers for Europeans. Despite his poor chances, it was decided that the Yeshiva student would go to Brussels.
The young Yeshiva student had no choice but to add his name to the long waiting list for a liver transplant. In the meantime, he tried to maintain his learning despite the illness, consciously aware that it would take weeks, months, or even years until he could be given a new liver. Many patients were on the waiting list, and his name was somewhere on the bottom… And when his potential liver would finally arrive, it would have to completely match his blood type and other medical criteria. If it’s not a perfect match, he would need to continue waiting … for a miracle.
Many thoughts began to enter this boy’s mind, nevertheless, Hashem had a different plan for him – avalanches of hot ash, rock and gas on Europe caused Europe to completely shut down its skies and declare a no-fly zone. No one could leave and no one could enter; a self-imposed siege in the Euro-zone skies. It is during this time that a young religious Yerushalmi man in the capital of Belgium was sitting in the yeshiva learning Torah.
During the course of the airspace shut down, a patient in the Brussels hospital died, and had agreed to donate his liver to anyone who might need it. Astonishingly, the liver was a perfect match for our young Yeshiva student. Health authorities in Belgium began searching the liver transplant waiting list but ‘unfortunately,’ not even one patient was able to fly into Belgium for the liver transplant due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland.
As they advanced further on the waiting list, they reached the name of the young Yeshiva student, who was not a citizen. As the clock closed in on the lifespan of the liver, no one else was able to arrive in Belgium for the transplant, except for this young Yerushalmi. With clear Divine Intervention, this budding talmid chacham received the liver and is now recovering from surgery.
The enormity of this miracle was even greater after the successful liver transplant. The doctors said that the young yeshiva student’s liver had deteriorated and it would only have been a matter of days before it would have stopped functioning completely.
“Rabos Machashavos b’lev ish, va’atzas Hashem he sakum – A person has many thoughts in his heart, but the counsel of Hashem will enure” (Mishlei 19:21).
- Thank you Hashem for allowing me to be Sandak at my grandsons Brit. As he was a preemie, the Brit was postponed – we were uncertain as to when it would be. It looked like we were at least another 2 weeks away. And so with a business trip that I had prepaid including an expensive conference for which I would be penalized heavily If I missed – I traveled. Lo and behold I got a call the first day of the conference – the Doctor determined the baby was now fine ahead of “schedule” and the Rabbi said “Must be done tomorrow without further delay” Ignoring the conference sessions I spent hours on the phone rescheduling things and avoiding most penalties and got a red-eye flight home but with a connecting flight adding a few hours to the trip . Still I would be home in time, and the bris would be in the afternoon. As we were boarding the connecting flight they announced that the plane was unsafe and a new plane would have to be found ! (How do you just find an airplane ?) A few hours after that the airline rescheduled a different flight and we finally boarded a new plane. I got home early afternoon with a couple hours to spare and in time to make the Brit !
- 2 Brit Milas this week- mabruk to all.
- With Gratitude to Hashem that we were able to help and bring someone close to our father in Heaven. Hashem can place him in a situation or certain place, and he never knows what can happen I actually remember contacting the kiruv.com website on how to proceed in Kiruv which I personally don’t have too much Experience and I believe they responded to do things slowly and easy.We think that kiruv has to be standing at a street corner and waiting for someone, yes that can help when needed. But sometimes the person can be an everyday person you may meet in your work place or in our warehouse packing a box for you. You never know when you can change a person.Our Accounting manager had a list of mishloach manot whom she gave out to people in the office.And one of them we noticed was someone in the warehouse. Mental note.One of the Chabad Rabbi’s – in the local town had come once a week and put on tefilin for this person once a week Noticing he was a 60 year old Russian jew! We started talking with him and lo and behold he agreed to put on tefilin every day! BH We set up a team of few people this way between one of us to help him, talk to him etc.It was an amazing sight! He felt so happy to do this mitzvah! Every day we got a little close to him, his personal life. His children, his car BH we formed a bond.We started talking about Shabbos and how he wished he could keep the Shabbos but do to the circumstances he wasn’t holding at that point yet.His wife worked and he had to pick her up Friday night etc.Great idea! BH how about bringing in the light and beauty of Shabbos! BH we found a very nice Museum art candle sticks!We gave it to him as a gift! He loved it and agreed to light them every week himself!We bought him a Russian siddur he used at home to pray.Time passed and he has getting much better in putting on tefilin, we contacted the sofer, BH we were able to buy a used good condition Gasos tefillin! We chipped in and presented it to him! He was very happy! Peasch came around he got matzahs from the Chabad Rabbi..As we got a little more friendly he mentioned his youth in Russia. He was a firstborn!We had the courage to ask him if he had a bris, and if yes, was it done correctly?He mentioned that his father hid in a building in communist Russia and had done a secret bris. There was a rabbi there.But he wants to make sure that it was done good, he wants to have another bris!! He is ready.We asked a Sheila what should we do? The rav was talking and mentioned prob the bris was done correctly If his father had moser nefesh in Russia for a bris that he prob knew what he was doing and getting a correct mohel to perform the bris! When we told him he still insisted he wants the bris!! We had to convince he didn’t have to But wait he is a first born and he has no clue or recognition about a Pidyon Haben!We called up Rabbi Forscheimer in Lakewood nj and told him over the details. 10 mins of looking up and thinking.“do a pidyon haben Mesofek – with no beracha!!” Ok wow, we picked up coins that day in the town we worked in NJ.Great! The warehouse manager was a Kohen – we invited everyone upstairs to our main showroom We bought cookies cake, the works, and actually preformed a Pidyoin Haben in our office with a 60 year old man!!We took pictures – (at the end we found out no memory card J). It was an amazing day!Bh I still have the coins ( I asked the coin afterwards if I can have them)Time had passed and day in and day out BH he had put on tefilin! Baruch Hashem Sadly a few months later he had a stroke and was paralyzed his whole side down.He was in the hospital for a while and we called him while he was home.Hopefully he has a full recovery!Baruch Hashem that we was zoche to see that! The mitzvos, the love for a mitzvah, the will was amazing ! anything we brought up to him not only was he willing he had an enthusiasm Willing even to redo a bris at 60!! A yid, yid a neshama is thirsty!
- Thank you Hashem that my cousin is still with us! He was swimming last Friday at a beach in Israel and got sucked in a powerful current, a friend swam out to him and also got stuck. He thought his end was close but then a elderly surfer with a grey beard surfed up to him and said he will get help, and he called over two surfers and each one pulled out one bahur and brought them to the shore and the elderly surfer had disappeared. Amazing!
- My wife went to return something and when they asked for her license the lady told her I’m sorry I can’t take this it expired 3 months ago (my wife didn’t even realize it was expired). Ok so I told her don’t worry go to the DMV tomorrow I rather you not drive with a expired licence. Later that day we went to pick something up from down the block and all of the sudden out if nowhere the car starts making loud stuttering noises and starts shaking like crazy and something smelt like smoke . The car was un-driveable.. out if the blue. Ok so we parked the car on the street and Bh I was able to get it towed and fixed all under the warranty. There is no question in my mind that these 2 unexpected situations happened the same day forcing my wife not to be able to drive. That Hashem 1000% saved her from chas vishalom some sort of danger! one may say to himself and get frustrated why in the world is this happening to me but in reality it is Hashem saving you from chas vishalom who knows what. Thank you Hashem for ALWAYS protecting us even if we don’t see it!! And thank you Hashem for protecting my wife and kids!!!
- Thank you Hashem for showing something to me in the Torah that i showed a friend via emailing this friend. I am sorry Hashem for the terrible times i didn’t respect your Torah. Your Torah is truly amazing. Yemincha Hashem Nedari Bakoach. Your right hand, O Lord, is most powerful; Your right hand, O Lord, crushes the foe. pasuk vav verse 6 ו יְמִינְךָ יְהֹוָה נֶאְדָּרִי בַּכֹּחַ יְמִינְךָ יְהֹוָה תִּרְעַץ אוֹיֵב
- Thank you Hashem for my arms, this morning, while sitting in my car, I noticed to my right birds picking up some grass and twigs for a nest they are making, I couldn’t help but wonder how much easier would things be if they had hands and not only a mouth to do their work. So thank you Bureh Olam for making our lives easier.
- Thank you Hashem that it has been a regular week.Work. life, home, joy, beauty – just a normal and regular day in and day out.Thank you Hashem!Thank you Hashem for sparing me and my family from millions of things that I will never know about.
- Got one of my bills lowered by 10 bucks, thank you Hashem
- I want to thank my Boss for being so caring of me and always looking out for me. For always taking care of my family and wanting what is best for us. Thank you Hashem for being the greatest Boss!
- I was trying to track down someone for a work project for months, but couldn’t connect. I had to travel out of town for Shabbos for a simcha, and when I came to the hall, I saw this person- he was also in the same city for another simcha, and they happened to renting same hall for Shabbos!!!
- Thank you Hashem for my wife who always manages to make our Shabbat table like an elegant banquet!
- Thank you Hashem for opening up the NJ Turnpike 30 seconds before I was at that point of my trip. The highway was closed for the entire day leading up to that moment and saved me a long traffic filled ride home. I was basically the only car on the road and had the turnpike to myself. Thank you Hashem for a safe trip home.
- Got caught up with a customer and missed my train back home to Deal Nj. I walked out of my office strolling to the station thinking it was going to be a long time until the next train being it was now off hours. As I walked pass a parking lots entrance someone called out my name. I turned around and saw one of my close friends getting in his car. He asks if I need a ride to Deal. Thank you Hashem for sending him at that exact moment. Ps I usually do not walk down this street but for some reason Hashem made me turn down this block and change my normal route.
- HAD 4 SIMACHOT TO ATTEND THIS WEEK- MABROOK
Rabbi Miller –simcha email..What must you thank Hashem for? Avodoh (service) means to be humbled to Hashem because of gratitude. But what do you do as a result of the gratitude? You are expected to say thank you Hashem all the time. You have to thank Hashem constantly because He is giving you constant benefits. You are living all the time, so you are thanking Him all the time for life. — Enjoying Life (#226)
- Wedding last night , Bar Misvah this morning , Bris this morning and another Bris tomorrow morning. Thank you Hashem for happy occasions
- I was just mevater (gave in) on something even though we both agreed I was right. It feels great. Thank you Hashem for helping me pass this test and put it on the shalom fund please.
- There was a terrible accident on the NJ Turnpike and major delays and backups all day long being the turnpike was closed. I didn’t know about this and decided to take the earlier bus back home to New Jersey that day. Some things came up and I was delayed an hour and instead of taking the 5 oclock bus I took the 6 oclock bus. I got home at 930pm. Gam Zu Litova , I spoke to a friend that took the 5pm bus and he didn’t get home unti 1030! . One hour earlier than me he left and hour later than me he arrived. 2 extra hours on a bus I was saved from. Thank you Hashem
From The Archives by request…
- Was speaking with my Rabbi in front of his house and mentioned that I wanted to take a step in growth and serving Hashem if he can suggest “the next step”, he advised not to take on a chumra- a stringency but to take something on that could be a chiyuv-an obligation. He suggested to start wearing Rabeino Tam tefilin every morning, tefilin are expensive and I was a bit tight at the time but right away agreed to beli neder listen to my Rabbi and do it. He called a sopher on the spot and we ordered them. I wasn’t sure where the money for this misvah would come from but said I am doing it to grow closer to Hashem and I can’t get hurt. As I got in the car my mother called me and asked what I was doing and I told her I just came from the Rabbis house and told her about the new tefilin I just ordered-she immediately said I want part of this misvah!! and I want to pay for them!! –keep in mind things were tight for her as well but the excitement and opportunity to do a misvah is what was important to her. Thank you Hashem for my tefilin and for being able to see my mothers excitement for a misva and jump right in to it.
- 3 years ago a new manager was assigned to the auction site I work at in Pennsylvania, I went to him to talk to him about getting out early on Friday for Shabbat so I can get home at a decent hour, from then on it got harder and harder to work with this person, he kept pushing it even later and later! And made it very difficult for me. After much talking i finally just gave up completely trying to deal with him and turned all my attention to Hashem the only one that can help us, this rosh Hashanah I prayed for him to get transferred away from me, Hashem please take him away from me-the first email I see after the holiday (sent on Friday) is from the auction letting me know that He HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED!!! Thank you Hashem
- Thank you H-shem for always being with my family and me and watching over us. Last week, my wife called me to work very worried telling me that she smells a very strong smell like an electrical fire. B’H I had the car and I rushed home very very fast to go and help her. B’H I got home in 7 minutes (usually takes me 15) Meanwhile I’m rushing home I’m praying to H-shem to please keep my family safe and the house also.When I get home my wife tells me that the fire is by the subway and not @ home. H-shem turned a very bad situation into nothing. Thank you H-shem. I love you H-shem.
- Thank you Hashem for my daughter’s Thank you Hashem notebook, I am very proud of her
- One day, I couldn’t find my credit card. I looked wherever I could think of it being, gave up, and canceled the card. My car insurance was paid monthly by auto-pay with that card. They canceled my insurance policy. I tried to have it reinstated, but the insurance company said it’s too late, I need to take out a new policy. After asking me a few questions, the agent told me that he has good news for me. He said “I’m going to cut your insurance bill in half!!” It seems that my insurance company was merging with another co. and he checked the rates of both companies. The other company had much better rates in NJ where I live, so I ended up saving hundreds of dollars each year now. Because Hashem made me “lose” my credit card.I found my card. It was in my pocket the whole time. Inside the folds of a paper.Thank you Hashem!
- My friends daughter has gotten married
- Oh My ……am I thankful……. to you God.THANK U HASHEM for blessing my husband and I to have the foresight to make the right decision for our family this week! A LIFE SAVER! And the sweet words you gave my son to speak–What a game changer this week… as we start the 3 Weeks…
- I was in a motorcycle accident a few years ago and the trial starts tomorrow. I told my lawyer I can’t make it until after Tisha B’av. He understood and is requesting a new date.
- I was stressing a little over how I would pay all my bills I had coming up. I kept telling myself not to worry Hashem will take care of it, there is no reason to worry. I kept praying to Hashem, “please Hashem, You can do anything, even though I know there isn’t enough money in my account right now to pay them, but I know You can do anything and send it somehow”. The day one of the largest bills was due, and saying to myself I’m not sure what to do, might have to pay it late when the next paycheck comes.. I prayed really hard that morning, and went to the bank and checked and Baruch Hashem there was more there than I thought there was ! Thank you Hashem for sending the $ !!!!
- Thank you Hashem for the unseasonably mild weather we have been having !
- 3 brisses today!
- was tested regarding giving sedaka while I was a little short money wise. I beat the yeser Hara and gave sedaka anyway and that day Hashem sent me some nice orders. Thank you Hashem
- Saw my friend at his work and he was standing in front of a gorgeous scenic picture of mountains water and grass and he said I wish I can go on a vacation and see that. He continues and tells me he just came back from a trip to Vermont and that is exactly what Hashem let him see. He showed me the most gorgeous pictures of Hashems creations.
- Saw a man in shul this morning and he looked like he was from out of town. I saw something special about him. Shortly after, my friend told me that this man is responsible for opening up 39 Kollelim! and is being honored at a dinner. Ashreichah Yisrael!
- I had a very tiring day and had to make a long walk to the train to go to New Jersey. It was about to downpour and was in no mood at all for the trek to the train and then the train ride itself. I said Hashem I am not in the mood I wish I had a car and could just air out by driving to New Jersey and relaxing without this whole to do. I look up at the cars waiting on the red light and my eye catches the eye of one of the drivers. We both do a double take, it was my close friend and he says, I am going to Jersey now and am in no mood to drive I am exhausted, by any chance are you headed to jersey tonight and want to drive my car? Wow in a split moment Hashem took care of me on the spot. I told my friend what went thru my mind and told him about your Thank you Hashem email. He has signed up for it and made me send this in right away. Thank you Hashem for sending me this ride at the perfect time, it is extra special being my friend hardly ever drives and “happened” to have his car that day.The day I needed it.
- I had a situation with a customer regarding the amount of months we were delivering merchandise to him. He was very upset and said after the next few months expire call me regarding the new contract. In other words,probably not going further with your line.Made a tefilah to Hashem and Called him today expecting him to cancel and I accepted it from Hashem and was very calm. I calmly gave him 2 or 3 choices expecting a quick conversation and I was going to say no problem and move on. Well it was a short conversation, he calmly and quickly agreed for 36 more months!!!!. Thank you Hashem
- Baruch Hashem 5 weddings last week in one night and 2 the next day mabrook!
- Thank Hashem for the halachot of tzniut only a Father who loves His children would make those laws to protect them
- I lost my car keys and they could have been anywhere. I was in Lakewood , Deal , Long Branch ,7 eleven, peoples homes , shuls., shopping. Possibilities were endless. I said the special prayer and within 5 minutes they were found!. Thank you Hashem.
- Was very proud to come home from work and see my daughter and our neighbor preparing to go and visit an elderly neighbor of ours. They bought her a cupcake in honor of Shabbat and bought her a card to go with it. They wrote a beautiful thoughtful card to her. They wrapped the cupcake in a box and wrapped it with a shabbat flower. Our elderly neighbor was very touched and very happy and I saw that she has kept the card displayed in her living room. Thank you Hashem for wonderful children. Ps- we went for another visit and my younger son also participated in the misvah- Hazak Ubaruch-Thank you Hashem
- Was feeling bummed out and completely upset because a deal did not turn out the way I thought it would. Went to a memorial service of a friend and realized there is more to life , you win some and loose some.Then met up with new friends who invited me to join them for dinner 🙂
- Mabrook on the lovely Bar-Misvah-harbeh nachat
- I had a flight scheduled to go to Las Vegas early in the morning. Due to severe weather the driving was very slow and I wasn’t sure if I would make it on time to the airport. I made it on time but there was a very big line. They told me if I need to fly with my luggage I will have to take the next flight. I said ok what can I do? I will take the next flight. I was curious to see what Hashem had planned for me,let me see where this goes. I knew this was not for nothing. I ended up sitting next to executives of a large company on the next flight. We got to talking and one thing led to another and I ended up getting a $7000 job from them. Thank you Hashem for putting me on this flight.
- Brit milah today mazal tov to all!!!
- Thank you Hashem for sending my daughter such a beautiful chatan with the finest midot-I can’t express the gratitude I feel today on the day of her wedding. My wife and daughter were getting nervous after she dated 8 different boys and it did not work out. I told her not to worry -Hashem has it all figured out for you already just keep up the Tefilot. Sure enough the next boy that came around was the one we were waiting for… Thank you Hashem
- I finished listening to the very inspiring radio interview on my computer at work with Gabby Sassoon (jroot radio , can hear it on their website-highly recommend) and afterwards was just sitting there absorbing all that I heard as the radio program continued with its chesed hour. People calling in with all types of chesed offerings, jobs, luggage handywork. All of a sudden a boy calls in and says he found an ipod next to Bnei Binyamin if anyone lost it call 718-. I jumped out and said, My sons Ipod! Min hashamyim, I quickly called and gave simanim and shortly after had the lost ipod in my pocket. My son brought his ipod for the shuls carnival so they can use it for the music but at the end of the day the ipod was gone. The shul was very considerate and didn’t want my son to feel bad about doing a chesed and losing his ipod so they gave him money to buy a new one. So now the shul can have the money back as well….gets better, I went to pick up the ipod and the young boy who found it answers the door and I am holding money in my hand to give him as a reward. I tell him thank you so much, here you go, go and get some delicious ice cream. He takes a step back and says no thank you, I only want the reward for the misvah. I try and push him to take it as a gift separate from the misvah but all he can say is no thank you I only want the misvah for returning it I do not want anything else. I even tried forcing the money into his hand and he stepped back and kept saying all I want is the misvah.Who is like our wonderful children-they are so special. Additionally I explained to him that because he returned it, the shul will have the additional money back so it is a double misvah.This made him even happier.
- Thank you Hashem for my eyes and thank you Hashem for the ability to close my eyelids instantly in case something improper appears in front of them, Hashem you think of everything!
- Bris this week-mabruk
- my friends child is getting married tonight and another friends tomorrow night- Thank you Hashem for simachot
- My daughters Birthday-thank you Hashem
- Thank you Hashem for all the wonderful luxuries you let me enjoy in life. Such as my eyes , my fingers , my heart , my legs , my kidneys , my lungs , my ability to speak and communicate , my beautiful family just to name a few of the millions you have bestowed upon me and many in your world. Thank you Hashem for the chesed that you do for us every breathing moment.