- Last week I had to take my son to the dermatologist. While he was there, I had the doctor look at something on my foot. It turned out to be nothing much, but he asked me if there was anything else I wanted him to look at. I asked him to look at a bump I had on my face, and he told me that it was pre-cancerous and needed to come off. He took it off then and there. Thank You Hashem for getting me to the doctor in time. Once again, Hashem you came through for me at the right time.
- Thank you Hashem, we had a beautiful baby girl from my daughter Ilana and Manny Haber this past shabbat at 10am. This is the first Debbie (my wife’s namesake) and this weeks Haftarah for Beshalach just happens to be….”Deborah Eiysha Neviya!”
- Thank you Hashem for bringing my yeshuah!!
- I heard a beautiful story to say Thank You to H-shem. “Somebody wrote to the Lubavitch Rebbe complaining that he can’t take anymore that he needs a bigger house, he has 2 boys and 2 girls and he lives in a 2 bedroom apartment. Every time he comes home, his wife complains to him that their children don’t have room to play, to sleep, to do their homework and they are always fighting one on top of the other. The Rebbe answers him: 1. Mazal tov for getting married!!! Do you know how many people are looking to get married and they don’t find their zibbug?; 2. Mazal Tov for having 2 boys and 2 girls!!!! Do you know how many people had been trying to have children for years and they don’t?; 3. Mazal Tov for owning your own house!!!! Do you know how many people have to pay rent and move every few years for not having a place of their own? The Rebbe finishes the letter saying YOU AND YOUR WIFE SHOULD FIRST EXPRESS THANK YOU TO H-SHEM FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT HE HAS BESTOWED UPON YOU. NOW PLEASE WRITE TO ME AGAIN WITH YOUR REQUEST. The man was too shy to write to the Holy Rabbi again.”
- Thank you H-shem for all the numerous blessings that you bestowed us every single moment of our lives, like Nishmat, even if we had all the ink in the world and unlimited amount of paper it’s not enough to say Thank you for one of the billions of Chesed that you do for us at every moment.
- A year ago a person asked me to do a chesed for someone he knows that was sick. Of course I said ok and helped them out, it was nothing difficult a small simple chesed. A year later this person was talking to me and I tell him I am making my sons bar misvah in a couple of weeks. He asks if I have all the money. I answer and tell him the amount I am missing and am praying to have it by the time the bar misvah day arrives. The next day he hands me the exact amount of money to make the bar misvah. I asked where he got it from and all he said is that it was from someone who had hakarat hatov to me for something I helped them with. I figured it out that it was the sick person or someone in their family. Thank you so much Hashem for helping me out. I feel like you sent me that chesed opportunity a year in advance as a test to see if I would get this help to complete the bar misvah payment. Thank you to this person as well. This was such a nice thing for you to do. I did not help them looking for anything in return. Hashem is so perfect. Thank you Hashem for my sons bar misvah.
From the archives..
- I heard an amazing story this morning about this Talmid Chacham who got hurt badly in a terror attack, he was so badly hurt and the Dr said he will never be the same, Am Israel got together to daven for him and with his determination to get better he exceeded all expectations today he is getting married!!!! To a girl who organized endless Tehilim groups and chesed in his name without even knowing who he was!
This is to show you that when we do selfless chesed for others we ourselves see yeshuot and more importantly don’t stop the tefilot, bora Olam hears them!!!!!!
- Last Friday I was putting together a class on the subject of appreciating Hashem’s kindness throughout the year and truly being happy to serve Him with our Torah learning and performance of mitzvot. I was in a local shul and decided to write down some notes and points to focus on. The midrash was just cleaned up and the tables were ready for Shabbat without the regular random papers around that I would normally use for this. So after looking all over for just one piece of paper to write on, I finally found it- and turning it over, it was someone’s printout of this email. So I took this as a clear nod of approval from Hashem. For a class about “Thank you Hashem”, I was being told to use the back of this beautiful collection of people actually thanking Hashem!! May everyone who participates in this project be blessed with a year of siyata dishmaya, inspiration and closeness to our Creator!